Pages

Friday 28 August 2015

A new machine in my future!

I went to the Newcastle Craft and Quilt Show a couple of weeks ago and had a great time playing on a Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen.... I'm in love! It was so much easier seeing where you were quilting, great lighting huge throat, a delight to free motion quilt on. I've not been able to get it out of my mind, I want one!

It took 2 weeks to quilt the Owl quilt due to only being able to quilt for about half an hour without needing a break.. stiff neck, sore shoulders, I'm sure quilters out there can empathise! And it's mostly because of the position of the machine and having to peer around to see where you are going next and the wieght of the quilt.

I spent an hour quilting non stop at the show and had no aches and pains and saw everything clearly, so I went looking for one at the cheapest price I could find and low and behold on Gumtree of all places I found one that is hardly used, still under warranty and with all the extras including the stitch regulator, extra needles etc, and the price? Less than the cheapest basic new model.  Needless to say I am buying it!  Just waiting to work out how to get it from Sydney to my place, but where there's a will there's a way!

Watch this space for the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment